Saturday, April 3, 2010

Is the spring here or what?

First things firsts;
You guys are boring and now it has been proven: Out of the about 100 visitors only 5 were brave enough to give their opinion about men wearing a hat indoors. All 5 share my opinion that gentlemen - which each male at some level should be - do not wear hats indoors.

Then into today's lecture...
It seems the winter is slowly giving up and spring will arrive any month (not day nore week) soon. At the moment there is +3C outside but we had double digits today - at least in the vague sun that came out. I took advantage of the holiday and cleaned the outside patio as well as both BBQ's. Yes, I have two of them;

One is a fantastic round Weber charcoal grill that is made for the briquettes. We bought that one to replace a great OPA-grill (made in Finland) which was great but getting too small and falling into pieces after 10 years of hard usage...

The other one I ended up buying from our BRU upstairs neighbour who realized it was too big for his balcony. I gotta say he was right. It is great - the size of a big gas grill but also that one runs with charcoal - or I should say since also that one is made in US it is designed for briquettes.

I know that gas grill would be faster, easier and I would avoid hassle with cleaning and so on, but the fact is gas is not the same as charcoal...

Anyway, we have a BIG family coming for a visit on Sunday and BBQ is planned so I will need a good tool. On Monday another family will come over but they are pygmies compared to the previous day.

Also if I think of the visitors that are coming in June, the weekend before the Midsummer, I will need a good size BBQ to show what Finnish BBQ - at least at our house - has to offer. And that is just as good as any other! These visitors will be coming from Belgium, France, Italy, Holland, and hopefully also from Austria, UK - and perhaps I am forgetting a country since it is getting late but still...

Stay tuned, I have some good pics coming up about the winter turning into spring. But now I'm getting too tired...

No comments: