Saturday, November 14, 2009

Gourmet @ Office Canteen?

Put your hand up if you can say the office canteen offers good quality food.

If it is up, consider yourself as one of the lucky ones. Or smart ones if you
had something to do with the decision making...

I don't feel lucky.

One day this week we had at the office canteen a "sausage stake" on a menu.
Yes, a "wanna-be-steak" made of sausage. It is made out of the basic, cheap 
sausage with some veggies and cheese cover on top. I have not tasted it and 
neither I am planning to. 
 
You can find some more info of the sausage from from here

Direct translation for the sausage is "Saturday Sausage" and in French it is
"Saucission de Jambon". Gotta say the Belge version was a bit more meaty. 
 
That steak day I actually had a camera in the car (froze during the day 
I guess) so I could have taken a pic but I didn't dare to. 
 
This was not the first time they served this dish. This time they had made 
it a tex-mex version, and first I guessed it meant changing the green peas into 
corn... The "tex-mex steak" version was that exact sausage with a bit of 
tomato salsa on top and covered with some cheese. Few moments in the oven 
and voilá, lunch is served - for someone else then me!
 
After I started again here in Finland, wanna guess what happened when I 
asked for olive oil and vinegar?
 
No way Jose!
Some creamy stuff was available in a bucket. 
 
Tabasco?
No.
 
Pepper and salt I can find from a shelf on top of where we leave the 
dirty dishes.
 
If someone still complaints about the BRU canteen, I will kick their ass 
and drag them up here for a week ;o)
 
PS How do I like my sausage best then? Well, cooked like this...

PSS Sorry about the line spacing, when copy/pasting from another format does not 
always work like it should... 

No comments: