Sunday, May 24, 2009

Surprise: School theatre can be good!

Last weekend at our kids´ schoolwas a theatre play of Narnia made by middle school, classes 7-9. I must admit I was pretty sceptic about it and wasn´t expecting much but I am happy to say I was wrong!
To follow the story, it helped that I had seen the movie but the key was the quality of the performances. I´m not an expert in theatre but I was impressed by the strong roles played. We need to remember that these were 12 to 15 years old kids.
Also the production crew was all student based, only adult being the director. Excellent experience for the kids.
...You might wonder why did we go there at all?

Well, we had heard the productions are surprisingly good but that was not enough to get me to go. Having a son of our friends in a leading role did it...

No comments: