Sunday, May 17, 2009

Car Boot Sale was OK

Car Boot Sale was quite good, but not perfect. Weather started perfect for flip-flops and shorts but I also needed to put a jacket on at some point. Atmosphere and music was good snacks & drinks depending on each individual and in my case it was perfect. Banana for b-fast, chicken wrap for lunch and cheese & salami with a wine glass for snack.

What else does a man need? Well, the beer I had in the evening ;o)

I sold more then half of my suff and found at the end also some kids´ clothes but there was no interest to them, except a winter jacket for boys. Someone valued it much enough to pay 5 euros, but no-one even asked for a price of the nice shirts and a dress I had there. Lady next to me had loads of clothes that she was selling for 25 cents per piece and still there was no interest...

As always some people were looking for good stuff for free, but I rather keep some stuff to give for free to friends or relatives then sell to strangers for a rediculous price. One lady expected me to sell kids´ diving fins, snorkle and mask for 1 euro. I didn't. The mask & snorkle I sold for 3 euros - having bought it from Spain for about 9 euros - but the fins are still with me. That is if you have usage for fins size 36-37, come and get them!

All and all it was worth the trip, I sold 2 pairs of hockey skates - of course to a Finnish family. I was a bit surprised that the slalom skis didn´t raise any interest, but I know in US it is more common to rent the skis and you can´t make day trips for slopes down here... Then again, the nieces in Finland might appreciate some day the lack of buyers.

It was also proven that in Belgium such events need to start and finish early. That event was supposed to be from 10 am to 4 pm but almost everyone was ready to sell already 9 am and leaving around 1 pm. Cost for the spot was 20 euros and money went to the school Family Association that supports arranging different activities for the kids.

A town of Tongre is famous of flee market and antique sales on Sundays, but I have never been there. Don´t particularly wish to wake up at 6 am for such a trip. Making it to Waterloo or Sablon area before noon is tough enough...

No comments: