Sunday, September 22, 2013

Food tips for Helsinki area

I had again a pleasure to visit the German restaurant Zinnkeller in Helsinki. Food was good, beer was cold and tasty - all topped with great company. I have told you about my favorite dish also earlier, but here it is:
Or was...I had the garlic snails as a starter and they were fantastic too. No photos available as I was concentrating on the meal. Good food by German founder, now in 2nd generation.

Check it out, they have had also several ice hockey national teams visiting so it is tested by many nationalities. GO!
http://www.kolumbus.fi/zinnkeller/

Another tip is at Tapiola, Espoo: www.sushiart.fi
The name speaks for it self, but to clarify: Japanese kitchen and sushi. If you go for takeaway and are driving, you can stop in front.

It's not the cheapest option, while I still have not found anything good+cheap.

One more for the road:
30 meters from SushiArt is Kilim for Mediterranean kitchen. Great buffet and alacarte, genuine kitchen as the owner is Turkish. www.kilim.fi
 

No comments: