Sunday, December 2, 2012

Today we went to get some food from the shop, among others baguettes. First my wife took one and then I went to get another. Honestly I didn't even look at the price of the one I took, but from the receipt I noticed one was 1,75 € and another 0,75 €.

When we got home, I came across with an old receipt from Mercadona, Spain. There I had also bought 2 kinds of baguettes: regular and artisan one - Barra de pan and Barra integral. Their prices were 0,45 € and 0,52 €. I can tell you there is no size or quality advantage for Finland to justify triple the price level so what is it? And why was there more than 1 Euro difference between the 2 ones from the same shop? When I look at them, I can't see any genuine difference to justify more than double value.

Well, they are going to taste good anyway tonight. Some salami, Manchego cheese and prosciutto Italiano will crown the evening...

No comments: