Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Yes-yes-yes, the winter is still here!

We have had now in Southern Finland winter since last Thursday. As I told earlier, I got to prepare for the snow by clearing the backyard but unfortunately I didn't take care of it all; the big grill is still there but I don't see that as a problem. Neither that my Mexican clay oven is there, even if I'd rather keep it in dry and warm - and use it for the main purpose.
Some weathermen have seen the light - they estimate -22C for next week, let's wait and see if it happens. I guess I should start polishing my skis to get myself to the slopes.

Tonight I was too lazy to heat up the sauna so I settled for a warm shower after a work out, but wanted to freshen up still outside. These are fresh images from few moments ago, I know some of you have seen something similar from last winter.

The profile pic where I'm covered with snow is from last winter - same place though as these pics...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know why you were so happy to swim in the cold lake last summer!Brrr...

MIKA said...

You got that one right!

If you go back to the Feb blogs where I posted pics about the ice swim place. Have not done it there and it's not my big thing.

Another one was after New Year about rolling in the snow after a sauna - in Lapland during the 6 weeks the sun stays below the horizon.