Friday, August 28, 2009

What´s the point in running around the track?

I am watching from TV the track & field Golden League races from Zurich.

Men´s 3000 meters run with the water bunker etc was going on and I was wondering what is this competition about... There is one French guy who´s background seem to be from North Africa or Middle East, loads of guys from Africa and - one blond guy from Finland!

Say what you want, but I have been wondering where are the Finns, Swedes, Norwegians etc in top of runs in sprints, mid distances, or long distances. Today the Finn Jukka Keskisalo was not even close to the winners, but still he ran a Finnish national record time. Extremely well done, but am I truly interested?
No I am not.

Well, there is always women´s pole vault and high jump...

No comments: