Saturday, January 3, 2009

Shower Caps in the Fridge?

Imagine this...
You are visiting a relative in your home country, family that you are very familiar with and have been to their fridge also earlier. You go to the fridge and find there a plate of tomato slices - covered with a shower cap!!! Yes, transparent plastic hood with the rubber band and all. Same stuff that you can find in hotels that still offer "collectible" stuff in the bathroom.
Picture above not authentic ;o)

Yep, I could not believe it myself either but the Lady of the house explained me that "they are not shower caps, they are "Fresh Covers" - "Tuoresuojahuppu" suomeksi". Yep, another nice example of Finnish compound word ;o)

Since I consider myself being a sensible human being I don't believe such crap - particularly as I tend to spread practical jokes myself - but she insists it's real. Yeah right... By the way, today she claims having been in an ice hockey game but doesn't know which team won so she must be real.

The fact is that it is impossible to prove this lady is wrong - and perhaps that's why she is my favorite female cousin (no I don't have many of them ;o) ). So few weeks after this visit comes this thick letter with the mailman (ja han olisikin tarina erikseen Belgien asenteita kuvaamaan...).

C'mon, what's in the envelope?
THIS:
A pack of so called "Fresh Covers / Tuoresuojahuppu" a.k.a. "Shower Cap / Suihkuhattu". I don't know what efforts she made to get this packet made just to make the point that she would be right, but suihkuhattu is suihkuhattu is suihkuhattu!!!
Or can you make a difference from the above...?

One word of credit though;
The shower caps are becoming a universal thing. Below you can see a screen shot via www.hs.fi site of Israel activities in Gaza. I just wonder what is the Israel soldier using on his helmet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Commenting function tested and seems to work. If you feel like it, the word is yours...
Eli kommentointi toimii, jos silta tuntuu niin sana on vapaa...
MIKA