Sunday, January 18, 2009

Positive about Brussels Police

As said, I have had a positive experience with the Belgium Police – believe it or not! Well, at the end I was treated with a mixed approach but I got away without a ticket...

This is briefly what happened;

One Saturday morning I left the house with a tight schedule to go to K´s football game. This time we needed to pick up N and another player from a house nearby. Since I was driving the car without hands-free I needed to talk and drive. And since N didn´t answer I had to try again in the traffic lights.

I am the third car in the line and when green light comes, the first car is asleep. Of course I honk, noticing that the driver of second car pays high interest to me. First car takes off but the second car, a Skoda Octavia, still stays foot. I raise my hand the French style (I don´t use finger) and they move slightly so I can take my turn to the next traffic lights in 10 meters.

Next thing I see this Skoda turn after me and a man rushes to my car and pulls out some sort of a badge with a text “POLICE”... I am of course polite and with an apology explain that I am in a bit hurry to do volunteer coaching – and luckily I had my whistle hanging on my neck. At this point also the bad cop has reached the scene and starts to talk about 100 Euro ticket for talking on mobile while driving. Luckily the first guy was in control and just gave me a verbal warning – and no ticket!

No comments: