What a sports weekend we had for Finland! Or how would you consider a result for a country of 5,45 Mio people...
- Finnish men earned a place in the next volley ball World Championship games after 32 years break
- Finnish ski jumper Anssi Koivuranta won the third stop of the Four Hills Tournament in Innsbruck
- Finn Kaisa Mäkäräinen took 2nd place in Biathlon World Cup race - for the 2nd time in a row
- In women's Tour de Ski the Norwegian ladies were at their own league, but Finns took positions 4, 5, 6, and 9 - worth mentioning on the list...
- Finland's women won the World Ringette Championship
- My hockey team Blues won
- Finland won the World Championship at men's (boys') U20 ice hockey by kicking Swedish team 2-3 at over time!!!
Last one was 16 years ago...
...and it's in!
WE DID IT!!!
What's left for the Swedes is to cry a bit and say PERKELE!!!
PS Most important sports event for me was though seeing my son play! This time futsal, scoring 3 in 2 games with 1 clear win and 1 tight loss :o(