Sunday, November 10, 2013

Hyvää Isänpäivää - Happy Father's Day!

Today is the Father's Day in Finland and I love this!

Sleep fairly late, chill in bed waiting for a fabulastic breakfast to be prepared, kids - who are not that small any more - come to get me up for the breakfast and then chilling at the table. I've enjoyed some great food, drinks, discussions, reading, music and it still continues. Heck, I took the laptop here and I'm writing this by the table :o)

I don't know the reason, but in Belgium they celebrate the Father's Day in spring. When living there, it was great since we naturally celebrated the day both when the Belge did, and also when the Finns did. For some other reason the Mother's Day was the same in Finland and Belgium...

Here is an example of the great language of Finnish, compliments by a Facebook group thisisfinland, also online at www.thisisfinland.fi.

Hyvää Isänpäivää meille kaikille!!!

No comments: